3/24/20 - Update regarding COVID-19:
Yesterday Governor Inslee announced a "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order and listed veterinary clinics on the list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers”. This means we plan to remain OPEN to help you and your pets. We still have strict COVID-19 protocol in place (see below) to prevent transmission of the virus and we still ask that our clients remain home if they or a household member show any signs of illness. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during these trying times.
Important announcement regarding a change in our policies effective 3/16/2020 in response to concerns for COVID-19:
To our Northwest Animal Eye Specialists clients:
As a valued client of Northwest Animal Eye Specialists (NWAES), we appreciate the trust you place in us. We are reaching out to inform you that NWAES is closely monitoring the current situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). At NWAES, we are committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our clients, employees, and patients.
At this point, we have no plans for closure and are keeping normal business hours. However, the situation and recommendations continue to evolve so that we might have to change our approach in the future. Please be understanding and know that however we handle things, it is for everyone’s protection.
In alignment with both our company’s core values and our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Referral Accreditation, we always insist on cleanliness and hygiene at our hospitals. We have intensified efforts in numerous ways to help protect everyone. We are having all employees and professional cleaning crews increase sanitizing efforts in high-touch areas within each hospital.
In addition, we need to make some changes to how we conduct our services during this COVID pandemic. We want to assure you that we are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Washington State Veterinary Medical Association (WSVMA), and leaders in the state of Washington.
In regards to visits to Northwest Animal Eye Specialists of Kirkland or Renton:
- If you are ill, have had exposure to COVID patients, and/or have recently traveled to a high-risk country, we ask that your pet not come to the hospital. If you are in this situation and feel that your pet is having an ocular emergency, please contact our management team for further guidance on how we might be able to help you.
- Upon arrival to NWAES, call or text (ideally) our main number to let us know you have arrived:
- Kirkland: 425-827-3966
- Renton: 425-264-0371
- When we are ready for your pet, we will let you know. We will then have you hand him or her to us (via leash or carrier) outside of the building.
- ALL EXAMINATIONS NEED TO TAKE PLACE, FOR NOW, WITHOUT OWNERS PRESENT. We realize that this is not ideal for any of us; it is for everyone’s protection. We will call you to go over our findings and to answer all of your questions.
- After the appointment, we will bring your pet back outside and connect you with reception to complete the appointment.
- Know that we want to remain healthy so that we can continue to help your pets AND we want you to be healthy too!
- If you need to pick up medication, please call in advance (as always) so it can be prepared for you. Upon arrival, call or text us to let us know you are here. Also, medications can be MAILED to you if desired.
All that we are doing is for your pets and you and our veterinary community and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your flexibility during these difficult times.
The Northwest Animal Eye Specialists Team